Book Details: Marcus Tullius Cicero – Officiorum – Luca Antonio Giunta (Venice, 1540)
– Photo documentation of the volume to assess its current condition.
– Analysis of pages
– Manual dusting of pages with soft-bristled brushes.
– Disbinding of the volume by careful removal of the binding thread.
– Repairing rips and mending the pages with Japanese paper (Vangerow 517) and Japanese vellum (Vangerow 502) with Tylose MH 300 P in 4% aqueous solution.
– Detachment of the endpapers with hydroalcoholic solution.
Rebinding with raised cord in pelle allumata fenduta
Creation of new backing in Japanese paper.
– Creation of new headbands in pelle allumata.
– Creating of new endpapers in struttura C.
– Cleaning of the parchment covers with hydroalcoholic solution.
– Humidification of the parchment covers in a tent with cool ultrasound vapor.
– Smoothing of the covers.
Restoration of parchment cover with Japanese paper (Vangerow 517) and cowhide